We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is UDEX Ltd. (we, us or UDEX). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 13733362. Our registered office address International House, 185 Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 2UF and our main trading address is 33 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PW.
We may use non-identifiable information about you to create remarketing ads. This helps us give you the best Udex experience, by showing you the best messaging related to your searches and activity on the Udex site.
We may display these ads using various mediums including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram.
As stressed before, there is no sharing of personally identifiable information with these companies. These companies use ‘cookies’ to mark that you are a visitor of our site, which enables us to advertise to you. Should you wish to opt-out, you can do so here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us.
- This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, use our service, place an order with us, enter a competition, take part in a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information and other personal information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may record inbound and outbound phone calls for training and monitoring purposes.
- Information we collect about you.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect certain technical information (this is data about our users’ browsing actions), as well as certain information about your visit to our site (including items you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information).
- For customers that purchase a Measured Survey we will collect detailed measurements of your property in the form of hand sketches or a 3D point cloud. We will also take high definition photos of the inside and outside of the property. This data will be used to complete the design services you purchase from us and may be shared with relevant third parties as part of this work.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, or the other services we provide, from time to time. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected the data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our site.
- We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about us and to send you newsletters and other relevant information.
- To provide you with information about other products and/or services we may offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and/or services which we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products and/or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
The legal bases upon which we will process your personal data are:
- Your explicit consent to the processing of data under the terms of this policy; and/or
- Our legitimate interests, namely:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To provide you with marketing updates from time to time.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group from time to time, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, in each case as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (as amended from time to time).
We may share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If udex or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions made through our site will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We shall not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed and will in any event not retain your personal data for longer than 3 years. However, we may retain your personal data for a longer period where necessary for compliance with any legal obligations to which we are subject (including, without limitation, compliance with all relevant tax legislation), or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link (if any) in any marketing email or newsletter you receive from us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data that we store about you rectified and to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
Subject to certain exceptions you have the right under specified circumstances to the erasure of your personal data, for example where the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed or where you have withdrawn your consent (where consent is the sole basis for processing). However, this right does not apply where, for example, processing is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation.
You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data, for example where you might contest the accuracy of the data or where we no longer need the data for the purposes of processing but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Where processing has been so restricted, we may continue to store your data, but will only process it with your consent, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, for the protection of the rights of another person, or for reasons of public interest.
If you think that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the ICO (in the UK) or with an equivalent supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
Where the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Your first access request shall be dealt with free of charge. Any subsequent access requests may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You have the right to receive your personal data in an electronic and commonly used format.